My Blog List

2014-03-28

Day 11 - Nature Reserve



Today's plan is so unprepared that I actually left home without much preparations. Today I wanna go to "Bukit Timah Nature Reserve", which is a tropical forest walk. I searched for the routes, while I was taking MRT. This place somehow was the farthest destination since I had come to Singapore.






When I arrived Bukit Timah, the first thing that crossed my mind was Khaoyai. This place is one of the largest patches of primary rainforest left in Singapore. The activities available at Bukit Timah were strolling, running and hiking.






I found the board which described about the map and a number of hiking trails.

The blue trail is rated as "easy" and is 0.7 km. long,
The red trail is also rated as "easy" and is 1.2 km. long,
The green trail is rated as "moderate to difficult" and is 1.9 km. long,
and The yellow trail is rated as "difficult" and is 1.8 km. long.






I decided to choose the green trail which I thought I could finish. Along the trail, there were many tiny pillars provided with the colour labels for hiker so they would not get lost. Before I started, I noticed the forest's plate next to me which told me to leave my earphones and allow the sounds of the forest to enter.






On the way, I found variety of plants and animals; such as the group of monkeys, the beautiful moth, even the strange huge tree.







After I walked up and down, I felt something was wrong. I strolled deeper and deeper, and couldn't find the tiny pillar anymore. I got lost! So, I decided to find the sounds of human, trail and error. Finally I got my routes back and I walked back to the entrance.








While I was walking back, I just noticed this hill was very steep. I was surprised of how far I could go. After I arrived at the entrance, I bought a bottle of water immediately and took a rest. Anyways, I didn't want to go back home yet. So, I determined to find my next destination.







"MacRitchie Reservior Park" was not far away from Bukit Timah. It was the oldest reservior of Singapore.







There were boardwalks along the edge of the reservoir and a walking trails through the forest.







I chose the boardwalk instantly because I was done with the forest.







I walked along the reservior and took the landscape pictures for a while, I found the group of monkeys again! But this time we were so close. One of those monkeys bit my shoelace! I was scared. So I get away quickly.







At first, I wanted to stay here until I could take picture of sunset. But after I walked on the boardwalk almost 3 km., I realised that I couldn't wait that long. So, I decided to search the nearest MRT and go back home.









No comments: