My Blog List

2014-03-18

Day 2 - Raffles Institute


I woke up today earlier than any other day, 
because Singapore is one hour earlier than Thailand (actually I'm just lazy). 


Today's plan was to go to PSB academy and Raffles College. 
But PSB's trip was cancelled because of the heavy rain late this morning. 


I had lunch at Tiong Bahru. 
I chose to have Tom yam seafood because I felt it was similar to Thai food. 
However, I was let down, It was not as delicious as Thai food at all, 
it tasted like boiled tomato soup. 








After lunch, I caught the MRT to Raffles Place station. 
When I reached there, I asked the officer for the directions to the Raffles College. 


"Not this station, you have to go to City Hall station" 

So I got back to City Hall and asked the officer for the directions again. 


"Not this station, you have to Clarke Quay station" 



I was upset and very hopeless. So, I decided to searched for the College's phone number and asked for the directions. 

"The College is near the Clarke Quay station. When you come out of the station, you have to cross the road and turn right. You will see the Park Regis hotel, keep walking until you see the College" 




-Cross the road



After I walked for a short while, I finally arrived at Raffles College. 
The first thought that went into my mind was it should be bigger than this.








Raffles College is a college specialized in designing. 
I was interested in Master Degree so I asked for course descriptions from the college's officer. She explained the information about the college to me and also introduced me the campus and student's lifestyle. 















After Strolled around the campus for a while, 
I said goodbye to that officer and went to Clarke Quay. 
Unfortunately, the rain poured down exactly 15 minutes after I reached there. I had decided to change my destination to City Hall to visit the Merlions. 










Still, the odd was never in my favors, the rain poured down even harder than before.




No comments: