My Blog List

2014-03-23

Day 6 - Sentosa



Today I took off without any plan again. I just thought I wanna go to Sentosa, But had no idea where to go first. I started at MRT Harbourfront, and I then walked to L3 of the Vivo city to cross the Singapore river with Sentosa express (monorail).






I searched for the Sentosa map to guide today's journey. I walked around and found a map and many activity brochures. I spent almost half an hour to look for interesting attractions in the island and planned for the places that I wanted to go. Sentosa pass was available at $4 per entry at the Sentosa express station. I used my ez-link card to enter the island. Not only by monorail, but tourists could get into Sentosa also by cable car ($26), by bus or by foot via Sentosa boardwalk ($1). I guessed I'll try the broadwalk next time. 







Sentosa had 3 monorail station. Let me describe you to each station. The first station was the Waterfront, located in front of Resorts World Sentosa. There were varieties of attractions near this station, such as Universal studio, Lake of Dreams and S.E.A. Aquarium and Adventure Cove Park. So, Waterfront Station is a stop not to be missed!

The second station was the Imbiah station. I could see a huge Merlion immediately when I walked out from the monorail.






And the last station was the Beach station. It located near a wide and long artificial beach. I came out from this station first, and transfered to the bus tram to go to the attraction spots along the beach.






 My first stop was at Palawan beach, which is the Southernmost point of continental Asia (free admission).







I snapped quite a number of pictures, then crossed the bridge and walked upstairs to see the landscape view. After that, I crossed back to the island. and rode the bus tram again to go to the Siloso beach.







When the bus tram ran, I looked at the people gliding along in the sky . It was a Megazip at 70m high tower across to the beach. I respected those brave people.






 After the bus stopped, I strolled around Siloso beach for a while and I went to the Skyline-Luge zone.







I made a decision for a moment and decided to buy a Skyline ticket. The second that I sat down, I was raised up by the Skyline. I wanted to change my mind but It was too late. The Skyline through a scenic 320m above the land, but It was too high for me! I did not enjoy the moment at all.







 The Skyline destination was a "Imbiah lookout". I walked down the stairs for a short while and I could see the landmark of this island. This Merlion was bigger than the one which is near the Fullerton Hotel. Some people told me that they were a couple, but they broke up. So, they got seperated.






I took pictures of the Merlion and strolled around. Not too long, the rain started to pour down. I then decided to go inside KFC to have my dinner.






 After the rain stopped, I went back to the Beach station and bought the ticket for Song of the Sea. It was a water show set in the sea and provided with full of dramatic effects, water jet, lasers, fire and music! I chose the 15$ for a standard seat at 7.40 pm.





 After 25 mins of the show, I took a free shuttle bus direct to Vivo city. It was already late, but I thought It was a great oppertunity to take pictures of the city at night time. So, I determined to go to Raffles city station and snapped Singapore night time scenery before I went back home









No comments: