My Blog List

2014-03-21

Day 5 - Museum


I would call today's trip a "Museum trip". Of course, almost every places I went today were museums. But before I discuss about it, let me start from the beginning.






I started the day at about 11 o'clock. I went straight to Tiong Baru to had lunch. After lunch, I stopped at Fair Price supermarket. It was a grocery retailer in Singapore. As I looked at the shelves, I found out that there were many brands of consumer goods that I had never seen before. I walked around for a while and left to start the journey.







Today's plan started from MRT City Hall. When my first step came out from the station, It was raining cats and dogs. I felt sick and tired of it. So I then went into Raffles City where I used it as a shelter from the rain.







The rain seemed to pour down forever. Therefore, I determined to raise an umbrella and crossed the road to my destination. I stopped at Chijme. Its appearance looked like a church, but when I walked around it there were many restaurants and other shops. So, I wasn't sure what this place is exactly for.










I crossed to the other side of the road and walked straight to the first museum of the day, it was a "Singapore art museum". It had $10 admission fee. This place made me feel like walking in Bangkok art and culture centre in Thailand.










There were many artworks inside, ranging from understandable to abstract artworks. One of the gallery I liked most allowed visitors to share their ideas of naming particular artworks by writing names in the label and insert them into the slots next to the artworks.







After coming out the museum, the rain had already stopped. I searched the map for the route to "National museum of Singapore". When I looked at this place from a far, I guessed it was a government house or something like that. It was very huge and wide. This place also charged $10 for admission fee.





There were 2 floors which divided into 6 galleries. Almost everything in this place referred to Singaporean's histories, cultures and lifestyles from the past to present days.









The highlight of this museum was the last gallery. At the entrance, the gallery officer gave me the tablet which would guide me through this galleries. When I pressed the numbers in the tablet, there were description describing each zones in the gallery.











My third museum was a "Perenakan museum". It looked like an old house located along the street. Each galleries represented each events happened in Singapore provided with sound effects that made it even more real.








The last museum of the day was "Singapore philatelic museum". There were many rare stamps collected from around the world which couldn't be seen easily. My favourite stamps in this museum were fluorescent stamps. There was a dark zone provided for these stamps. When I turned off the light, The stamps would be glowing. I was very excited.






-The Fluorescent stamps


When I came out of philatelic museum, I walked pass the Fort canning park. I then took a rest for a short while.






After that, I walked to the nearest MRT which was Clarke quay station. I walked along the river, passed through the tunnel, watched people and took pictures. This was the second time that I went to Clarke quay, but I think it's more beautiful this time









No comments: