My Blog List

2014-03-28

Day 12 - Orchard



I couldn't truly say it was a DAY because I spent almost half a day at home. I felt a little bit sick, maybe because I walked too much yesterday. I left home at 4pm and went straight to MRT. Actually, today I got missions to complete at Orchard.






Firstly, I had to buy new pair earphones because my old one was broken. I came out from Somerset MRT station and walked to Cineleisure which was an urban mall located at Grange Road near Orchard Road. I went up to 2nd floor and found the accessory shop named "Beadstreet" with the noticeable symbol -- a fishbone. I bought earphones at $5 or around 100 bath which was the cheapest price I had ever bought. I wanna buy them more and bring them back to Thailand in case it'll be broken again.






After I had completed my first mission, I went out from Cineleisure and came across this huge H&M building across the road.






I went to that building hurriedly. There were 4 floors of accessories, lingeries, and also clothes for men and kids. Besides, the clothes were cheaper than in Thailand. I almost fainted seeing those sales price tags.









After strolling around H&M for a long while, my concentrations were back on my missions. My next mission was to find the Topshop store at Orchard and find a shoes' price to compare with the price in Thailand's.






I walked along the Orchard road and discovered many brand name stores; such as, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, etc. Finally, I found Topshop and that shoes. Anyways, the price was not different much from the shop in Thailand. So, I left it behind.







My last mission, I would like to buy Garret popcorn. I then searched the location and it was located at B1 floor of the Wisma Atria which was not far from Topshop. This was the first time that I bought such expensive popcorn. I wasn't excited, just doubted why Thai people would queue up for a day to buy it. Anyways, after I tasted it, I understood why..






After I completed all my missions, I felt like I spent time uselessly. I gained nothing much from materialism society, so I decided not to go back home yet. I decided to go to Marina Bay to take the city landscape pictures and sunset.







I walked slowly while taking the pictures, there were many people jogging along the riverside.






I also found the Louis Vitton island maison which was located next to Marina Bay Sands. It was the luxurious store with greatest designed building ever.






I enjoyed the moment that I almost forgot the time. After I was satisfied with my pictures, I decided to walk to Bayfront MRT station and went back home.






But on the way back, I found the crowd of people at Marina bay sands shopping mall, I was curious. I then stopped and found out there was a grand opening of the Amazing Spiderman 2! There were many Hollywood stars here. Anyways, I didn't know them much and I hadn't watched it before. So, I decided to walked straight to MRT.





No comments: