My Blog List

2014-03-20

Day 4 - Botanic Garden


My plan today was actually to stay at home and take a rest.
But since I would like to spend my time here worthily, so I decided to go out without planning before hand.

Today I prefered to take a bus, I just wanted to try on a new mode of transportation.
The first place I decided to go is IKEA, which is located on Alexandra road. I caught bus number 855 in order to go there. I guessed I was enjoying too much of the street views that I sat pass IKEA bus stop. So I had to walk all the way back to IKEA.






This IKEA had no difference from Thailand's IKEA. Therefore, I stayed there for only a short while and left.





Standing across of IKEA is an outlet mall called "Anchor point".






There are many retail shops inside such as Cotton on, Billabong, Pedro, G2000, Giordano, Charles and Keith etc. As I went in and looked around, I was very shocked with all the red signs! All shops were on sale!! I was very excited and couldn't decide which shop to go in first.







After I walked around, I then find a place to sit and think of where to go next. "Botanic Garden" was my next stop. And so I searched for the location and waited for the bus to come. I had never known before that Singapore's buses have two doors, one for entry and one for exit. Which embarassingly, I entered the exit door. I then got chased down the bus by an Indian bus driver and was told to enter at the front door. 






Botanic garden is one of the hugest park in Singapore. The linear distance between the northern and southern ends is around 2.5 km. It did not charge for an admission fee.










This park also reused dry-leaf as a fertilizer which I think is a very creative idea.







I walked around the park, took pictures and watched people activities.







I was so absorbed in the moment until I realised I was so very hungry. So, I decided to go to the food court and find something to eat. And this is the worst part of the day. I lost my wallet! and MRT card also. I panicked and did not know what to do first.








Finally, I determined to walk back home which is very far away from there. I opened Google map and search for the route. My home is 2.5 km. away from where I was. As I mentioned, Botanic Garden is 2.5 km. wide added with the 2.5km. back home, all in all I had to walked 5 km. today!







 I loaded Steps counter application since I came to notice I lost my wallet. It counted 5,597 steps and that I've burned 412 kcal. It was the best work out I had ever done. Now, I feel like a zombie with no enegy to do anything. I even feel like cutting my legs off and replace them with artificial legs.






 Ps. I'm still lucky, Today there is no rain.
 Ps2. Thank you camera timer to gave me my own pictures






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog ever.Hope you have a safe trip.Love how you describe and especially images.Take good care of yourself.